Travel sustainably now
Discover how to get anywhere fast by train, bus, boat, shared car, electric car, ANYTHING that contributes to reducing your carbon footprint.
Why is sustainable transport important?
The amount of CO2 a plane flight emits compared to any other mean of transport is too big. We usually think alternative transport is slow and time consuming. However we have gathered options that are as competitive or better solutions than planes!
- 1 flight emits 100g of CO2 per passenger per km by average
- 1 flight from Barcelona to Berlin (1500km) generates 0.2 tons of CO2 per passenger
- The average person takes 6 flights per year, that’s roughly 1.2 tons of CO2
- 100,000 flights take off each day around the world
- 2019 expects a total of 4.6 billion flights setting a new record
- 1 trip by train generates 30g of CO2 per passenger per km by average
- 1 trip by train from Barcelona to Berlin would generate 37kg of CO2
- 0.2 tons of CO2 would be the equivalent to 5.4 trips from Barcelona to Berlin by train
- 1.2 tons of CO2 would be the equivalent to 32 trips from Barcelona to Berlin by train